Wow, who'd have thunk it, me, Sarah, blogging for two whole years. Not me that's for sure.
At two months I thought 'oh what's the bloody point' but still, I plodded on regardless, having not long finished uni not knowing what to do with myself it was something to put my mind towards.
Two years later here we are!
I honestly can't quite believe how far I've come, and it's not even all that far at all, I didn't expect anyone beyond maybe a few of my friends let alone thousands of people to read my blog. I never expected to meet anyone through blogging let alone make friends. I never expected brands to notice my little blog let alone want to work with me.
I just want to say thank you, anyone that takes the time to read my little corner of the internet. The little corner I've grown immensely proud of and I can't wait to see where it takes me.
5 things I love about blogging!
1. A space that's truly mineA place I can express myself as and when I please. I never expected it but its built my confidence immensely, its helped me accept and value who I am and helped me grow so much - as a person and in my career.
2. The friends I've made.I've spoken to some amazing people and met some amazing people but there's a special little bunch that have become great friends and I feel so so lucky to have met them! What began as tweets back and forth between myself, Mel, Gwennan, Hannah, Effi and Nina became twitter DMs as I forced them into picnicking with me and is now an ever spammed WhatsApp group of goss, typos, terrifying Nigel Thornberry images, help and support, I truly love these girls like I've known them forever.
3. The experiences I've had.It's honestly so crazy to me the things I've done, just within the last few months. I threw my own event, gone to others, collaborations in the works. Not an awful lot but still more than I could have ever imagined.
4. The community.For the most part its such a lovely and supportive environment which I found incredibly intimidating at first (intact I didnt really until the start of this year) but once I delved in I was so inspired and I've not looked back.
5. The inspiration.Not least from the community I'm part of but also in all I do, never have I felt more inspired. I've never really known what I wanted to do in life and I still don't but I know this is something I want to and can continue to grow. I'm so full of ideas, places I want to go and things I want to do and I feel free to do them.
While there's a lot to worry about in life, and there's always alot on my mind, this little blog makes me so happy and I don't think I've ever felt as contemt with life as I do now.
So I think I'll be sticking around a while.